I sit here and write and erase. Write and erase. Write and erase.
So many thoughts. So little time ;-)
It's only Tuesday and I'm already exhausted. Emotionally and physically. Work can be stressful at times. I wish I knew how to steer my stress from that into something productive like working out. I love my job, don't get me wrong but today was just one of those days. I swear, it's a full moon out. Today was one of those days that made me want to come home and crawl in bed. I felt like I could do nothing right and nothing was going right. Ha. The classroom was at a level 10 today when it needed to be at a level 4/5. So. Much. Energy. Wow.
I saw a thing on Pinterest the other day that made me laugh. It said this:
"Kids have so much energy because they siphon it out of their parents like midget gasoline thieves."
Haha. SO true.
Onto less depressing things. Like.... um.... Oooo! I know! Steven and I had an awesome date day on Saturday. We've never really had one like it so it was so much fun. I came up with the idea last Monday morning. So now this Saturday is his turn to create a fun date day. It's so much fun than just going out to dinner and it's kinda fun to create a spontaneous day centered around love, fun, and things you love or haven't done together. I cherish these moments I have with him just the two of us. Before we have kids. As much as I/we would love to have a child, we are so not ready to give up our personal time. But, I don't think that will ever change. I mean, who would want to have less time to sleep, to give up their personal time w/ their spouse and/or friends? Nobody wants to but having a child is one of the best things in this world that I hope I get to experience (besides getting married of course ;-)) Not that I think just because you have a child you lose those things, well you do lose sleep but you don't have to stop having fun and going out. Just gotta make time for it! I hate it when I see couples that stop having fun just because they had a kid. Shoot, you can bet on it that Steven and I will make time for a date night once a week when we have kids. I think it's pivotal to a relationship to have that one on one time. I also think it's pivotal to take vacations with just your spouse. You need time to reconnect and spend time with each other without anything else taking your attention...
Anyways, moving on....
I've currently lost about 5.5 lbs. In 3 weeks. Kinda bad, huh? I'm trying my best. My (modified) goal this week is to lose another 2 lbs by Monday. And to lose about 2 lbs a week. I'm dieting and working out so I'm still trying to figure out why I'm not losing weight faster... Oh well :-)
Gotta go shower and get ready for another (hopefully) quiet, calm, and peaceful day at work with 20-21 4/5 year olds!
No comments:
Post a Comment