Pages

Saturday, December 31, 2011

out with the old, in with the new

Instead of embracing a new year and a new start, I find myself dreading the new year. I can't figure out why...just another day, another year. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that 2011 has been a wonderful year. I have thoroughly enjoyed living in the States again. It's been so nice not to have to move as moving seemed like a very current theme in our lives for so long. I don't do well with change and I think in the back of mind is the never ending thought that a new year means another year older and change, as change is an inevitable part of life. Especially as you get older it seems. Weirdly as pathetic as this sounds, I don't like getting older. I don't like aging... although I know we were not created for this life, that our true "life" is with Christ in Heaven, I love living life. The thought of being closer to death upsets me and goes against everything that being a Christian means. I realize that. Just trying to be honest.... my husband knows exactly what I mean and it's hard for me to put into words what I mean. It's not that I'm scared or dreading dying and going to Heaven, it's more the fact that I just love the life that God has blessed us with.

Weird, I know.

Moving on.

I am however stoked about bringing in the new year with friends and with a man that I absolutely adore, my husband. Whew, I will never stop thanking God for him.  By the way, I am currently listening to him skype with a friend in England that he was in school with in Germany... love listening to the two very different accents.  I wish I could wake up with an English accent! Haha.

I believe it is only appropriate to end this post with a recount of my favorite things through the months of this last year. Here we go:

January:

- Early January we moved into a beautiful house to help take care of my grandpa. We love it here and are really enjoying having 1100 sq. feet to ourselves (we live in the completed basement... it's like a separate part of the house with a private entrance/driveway and all the "things" a house would have...except he lives on the floor above us :-)) It's the biggest place we've lived as of yet so it's nice especially with a crazy pup!

17th - Celebrated two wonderful years of marriage. Went to Myrtle Beach for a few days and we had a blast doing absolutely nothing.

25th - Celebrated 8 years together. EIGHT years people! Ohmygoodness.

February:

13th - My sister's 27th (?) birthday!

14th - Valentines Day...durrr.... We don't really celebrate this "holiday" but more use it as an excuse to go out to eat, haha.  Although, due to poor planning our plan to go to Firebirds quickly went out the door as they had like a 2-3 hour wait. Not okay. Next plan was Ruth's Chris Steakhouse. Let's just say they had a set menu and it was not reasonable... for us at least. So, Valentines was spent at Mura's...which was actually really good!

24th - My brother, Paul's, 23rd birthday!

25th - My Dad's 61st birthday!

*Also, someday in this month we bought our first new car. It was super exciting and a fun "first" in our marriage... definitely a fun feeling driving off the lot with a car with 4 miles on it! Yeah!

March-May - nothing exciting really happened that I can recall. I'm sure something happened that I can't remember....story of my life :-)

May:

1st - My nephew, Elijah's, first birthday!

2nd - Father in law's 62nd birthday!

3rd - My niece, Kara's, 2nd birthday!

June:

- Early June our annual beach trip with my side of the family/relatives. So fun.

6th - Steven's 25th birthday. Wahoo!!!

- Sometime after his birthday he left for Munich, Germany for a month(ish) but I can't remember the dates, haha.


July:

- Middle of July I flew to Pforzheim (for the last time!!!) to go to his graduation from grad school! YEAH BABY!


August:

4th - My 25th birthday! Getting old!

September - November:

Just the same ole' same ole'.

December:

7th - Isaiah Scott was born! Now, my sister has two cute, fun kids!


All in all, we've loved every minute of this year and we have been so blessed with everything God has given us. There have been many, many fun times as well as times of growth and times of reflection. I cannot wait to see what 2012 brings...hopefully, new and fun adventures, especially for Steven's job! and babies!!!!!! Yeah!!!!

Okay, I must go get ready for early church and our celebration tonight. I'll fix this up later.

Happy New Year All!!!!

No comments: