Life's just been if full swing. I feel like sometimes I'm in auto pilot, I do the same thing every day. Besides working, my time is spent soaking up my time with my sweet husband and trying to see friends and family and just plain relax when possible. On September 20th, I was checking my facebook on my lunch break and saw a posting my mom had left my uncle to call her asap about something regarding my grandmother (her mom). I called her immediately only to find out that she had become unresponsive. To make a long story short, my grandmother unexpectedly became unresponsive on Sunday, the 19th and we later found out that following Tuesday that she had suffered a bilateral stroke sometime in the previous 48 hours and was almost completely brain dead. This was heart breaking news as we weren't expecting any of this. Thankfully, all of her children were able to get down to Florida and spend those days with her and her final moments with her. She passed away Wednesday morning, September 22nd. It was so hard. It was hard for me to deal with this death especially since I had just seen her in June. I had just held her hand and prayed with her and brushed her hair..... I had just been there with her. But, we are all so glad that she is now pain free!
Anyways, so now fast forward to this week...ugh, what a week it was. It was such a long week. I was/am sick with a cold. On Thursday, I was running late to work, ran out of our townhouse and for some reason, unknown to me, everyone lets their dogs do their thing in front of our townhouse (I'm guessing b/c we're the end unit and they're too lazy to walk all the way around to the back to the trail). Anyways, I ran through dog poop. Great. But, I didn't know it at this point. So, I jump in my car, drive way too fast around the circle and almost hit a car backing up....yeah, I know bad me. And all of the sudden, I start thinking, "Holy cow, what is that horrible poop smell?!" I started smelling my hair. My shirt. My arm pits. My hands. I literally thought, "I know I brushed my teeth...haha. Then, the thought came...nooooooooo, not dog poop!!! And, there it was in all it's glory, smeared all over my floor mat and crammed all in my right shoe. I had to drive to work with my windows down in the freezing air just to avoid gagging. Oh, and it gets better. So, I get to work and explain to my director that I need to throw my floor mat out and wash my shoe off before I can come in...easy enough, right? Oh no. I went to open my glove compartment to get some napkins out to wipe the nasty dog poop off the side of my door and my key BREAKS IN HALF. Yes, shoot me now, and key the tears. Haha. So, now I have poop in my car, on my door, shoe, hands, and to top it all off, my key just broke. Well, ain't this just grand. I just had to laugh when one of the girls at work said "ew" when she saw me carrying around my shoe covered in dog poop... I just laughed and said, "Hey, at least when you get in your car for lunch, it won't have the smell of dog poop that's been baking in the sun for 4 hours." Woah.
Thankfully, my dad brought me a spare key but not after I soaked my pants trying to get the poop off my shoes ;-) Eh, I just think God was testing my patience Thursday... wonder if I passed that test ;-)
Now, onto much happier things (haha)! Five Question Friday! Goodness, I haven't done one of these in ages it feels like.... I must start doing them again :-) Check out Mama M for more 5 Question Friday's!

1. What do you listen to while driving?
His Radio :-) I really believe what you listen to sets your mood for the day!
2. What is your least favorite thing about Fall?
Goodness, my least favorite thing? Hmm...well, it's GOTTA be the sickness that comes with the temperature changes! I guess I notice it more since I work in a preschool, haha. But, honestly other than that I can't really think of anything I don't like about fall, I LOVE fall :-)
3. What does your dream house look like, inside and out?
Two words: Contemporary modern. I love modern houses. But, not like so modern that it doesn't look comfortable. Like, those really rectangle and flat modern couches... ya know, the ones where you have to sit perfectly straight up? Yeah...don't care for those at all. They seem like they would cause your bottom to go numb in like 30.7 seconds. True story :-D I love houses that have dark wood inside and stainless steel. So beautiful. I love high ceilings. And, I'm all about the bathrooms. My dream house would have a master bathroom with a huge jacuzzi tub in it with a separate shower with 2 separate shower heads. There would also be nozzles that not only spray over head but also around the sides. Oh yeah! Oh, and don't forget the flat screen tv across from the jacuzzi tub so that while you're distressing from work that day, you can watch tv :-) My dream kitchen would have dark wood cabinets... almost black colored. Ooo...okay, I'll stop dreaming as this could become quite a long answer ;-)
4. Would you ever own a minivan?
Ahem, this is my newlywed "I don't have any kids yet and my dream car is a Lotus" voice speaking, but no. I have told my husband that I will never drive a minivan. You can get the same amount of space in a SUV or an Expedition. But, that's just my personal opinion and I have nothing against minivan drivers as I grew up with a mom that drove one ;-) But, I also don't have kids yet so ya know, my opinion could change in a few years, haha.
5. Do you wash new clothes before wearing them?
Oh yes, I am that girl. I just have this thing where I have a tendency to think about everyone who probably tried on the clothes before I bought them, so yes, I wash them. Except, I don't wash dresses/dress shirts/pants before I wash them...but now that I think about it... haha, just kidding.
But, it's really just because it makes the clothes softer and they just feel and smell better after you wash them :-)
1 comment:
I'm the same way with clothes! It grosses me out thinking about how many bodies were in it...just like, with metal forks in cafeterias...just IMAGINE how many mouths that fork has been in?!?!?!?
I am so, so very sorry to hear about your grandma. I can not imagine how hard that must be for you.
Post a Comment