We all have our "things" that we do that people think are weird. I, have many. I was just sitting here thinking about all the weird things I do at times.
For instance...
I have this thing with odd numbers. Yes, odd numbers. A few years ago, my brother told me he has this "thing" with odd numbers and always puts his volume on a even number. Ever since, I do the same thing. I will actually turn the volume up or down just to have an even number. Ok, I don't do it all the time but still. I promise I'm not OCD, haha. Mentioning odd numbers, I currently have 13 followers...uh, somebody follow me now! Haha, kidding.
Almost every night, I wash my hands before I go to bed. Yes, call me a germ freak i'll even admit to that one. But hey, when you work in a preschool where they make you wash your hands after EVERYTHING, you get in a really bad habit of washing your hands all the time. In my defense, it has been said/proven that your keyboard is one of the dirtiest/germiest things in your house and I'm usually typing or on my computer right before I go to bed. Hehe.
Ok, I sound like a complete weirdo.
Moving on to weird habit number three.
I have this thing where if I get a thought or feel like God is telling me to do something that I have to do it or something bad will happen. For instance, I read my Bible most nights before I go to bed. The other night I was super tired and just jumped in bed and decided to go straight to sleep. But then, I "heard" or really, told myself probably that I should read my Bible. So, what did I do? I read my Bible. Another good example is this.... sometimes, I'll just be sitting around doing something and Steven will be busy doing something else, and all of the sudden I'll tell myself, "Tell Steven you love him or go hug him." And of course, I always do it b/c I do love him! But, in the back of my head I sometimes feel like you tell yourself something or "hear" things b/c something could bad could happen. Like, if I don't tell my husband that I love him (which I always do anyways b/c I love him like crazy!) or something like that... that something bad could happen and he would die not hearing that I love him that day. Does that make any sense? Eh, I sound like i'm losing my mind.
Ok, enough weird things about me. We all have our weird things right?
1 comment:
Normal is a cycle on the washing machine, nothing more.
Personally, I think you ought to tap into that little voice in your head. I'll bet it has much more to tell you.
As for me, one of my many weird habits is when shopping, I cannot buy the first item on the shelf. I have to dig deep and find the item in the back of the pile/stack. It's just something I have to do. My partner has picked up on it and when she buys me something she's quick to point out "I didn't get the first one."
I have many others, maybe I'll write a post about that.
Enjoying your blog
Post a Comment