Pages

Monday, February 8, 2010

Best Date

Valentines Day extravaganza numero dos! Today's topic is best date.  Hmm.... so many to choose from! Ya know, when you've been together for 7 years, you have lots of great dates :-) But, I'll spare ya'll pages of what I consider our "best dates" and write only about one.

Photobucket
Me and the hubs, we've got dating down.  We had almost 6 years of dating before we got married, and that boy knows how to date.  He was never late to pick me up, always came to the door to get me, made sure to talk to everyone in my family (all 398395 of us, haha... just kidding there aren't that many people), always opened the car door for me, usually pulled out the chair at dinner for me, always kissed me goodnight, and loved me like it was going out of style.  And, he still does all of that.

One of my favorite dates we had was on our 5th year anniversary.  We got all dressed up and went to a really great restaurant called, Mura, which is an upscale Japanese restaurant.  But, before I go any futher, let me go back a few days.   A few days before we were going to celebrate our anniversary, I had called Steven because I had seen online that you could request private rooms. These rooms were awesome, they were little rooms that went all along the main section and you had your own little pull curtain. In each room was a table that you sat around.... on the ground. But, you weren't' really on the ground because it was actually a ledge with cute pillows that you sat on to make it look like you were sitting on the ground. Whew, that was a long description, haha.  Ok, so I had called him and asked him if we could get one of those rooms because it would be really cool and mean a lot to me. Well, he calls back a little later and says that no, we couldn't get one and made up some excuse as to why we couldn't get one.

Now, fast foward back to where I left off before the insanely long description of a private room, haha. So anyways, he comes and picks me up and while we're parking mentions that we have a reservation under his name.... for a private room! I was so excited! He had just been tricking me the whole time, whats new :-) We eat dinner and went and saw a movie. But, the reason this date is one of my favorites is because of what we did afterwards.  Anyone who knows me, knows that I love... and I mean LOVE doughnuts.  But not just any doughnuts, my absolute favorite are Krispy Kreme's doughnuts.  Growing up, my dad would always take us kids there when the "hot" sign was on to get some....so, it's just something special I love doing.  I know, Mama M is probably gagging while reading this due to her hatred of doughnuts. Hahaha. 

So, after the marvelous dinner and funny movie, my awesome husband surprised me by taking me to Krispy Kreme to get doughnuts... and yes, the "hot" sign was on ;-)

I'm pretty easily entertained and made happy, so the simplest of dates sometimes are my favorite :-)

Here's a picture from that amazing date!


MckLinky Blog Hop

       

3 comments:

Mama M. said...

Oh my gosh...you totally had me cracking up! First, the long explaination, then, talking about me gagging (which I was..okay, I lie...Krispy Kremes I can handle...kinda...)!

Love it!

Crafty Mommy Diva said...

great story - what a great guy to know how to date - that's really important in marriage so don't forget that.
I love when they can pull of a surprise

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

It's been fun getting to read your Valentine's Day Extravaganza posts!

Blessings & Aloha!