Pages

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Some people...

are quite rude and obnoxious at times. I. Can't. Stand. It.

I once thought it was just me.  Maybe i'm too nice.  Maybe i'm too polite. Maybe, just maybe, I missed the memo about not saying "Excuse me." No wait, it's NOT me.

Let me take a second to fill you in with what Steven and I have experienced lately. We've tried to ignore it, forgive them, be mean back (which we aren't).... but it's just gotten out of hand.

Example numero uno:

Last week, we went to the grocery store.  Steven went to get an onion and I stood on the other side of the aisle because I had the grocery cart with me.  This lady decides that she wants to get past Steven.  You know this is where a person should say, "Excuse me" but no, that never happens. What does she do? She rams her grocery cart as hard as her old body will allow her to into my husband. Do what?!?! Um.... yes, you heard me right.  I didn't think it was that hard to mutter those 2 simple words, but obviously it is. I mean really, are you that rude. And yes, it was on purpose.

Example numero dos:

We have come to figure out that when you're walking, with a group or not, if someone wants to get by you they just push their way past you.  No one has ever said anything to us along the lines of, "Excuse me" or "Could you please move." I have been literally pushed out of the way without any words being said.  A simple, "Excuse me" or "Sorry" would've been nice.

Example numero tres:

Today, I decided to dance with Steven. He had a long day at work and needed to release some stress. So, we danced. Simple.  We weren't stomping, yelling, jumping, screaming... nothing.  Just simple, quiet dancing.  We had been dancing probably 30 seconds when we started hearing these odd noises. I went over to our windows in the living room and saw the person living below us throwing ROCKS at our windows. Yes, how immature are we. I'd admit if we were making noise. And, you know what the most frustrating part is? This same dude blasts his music everyday. Do we ever say anything? Nope.  He also almost nightly yells, and I mean YELLS at his girlfriend/wife. Do we ever complain... no.  Never, ever, ever. So why can't we dance but you can scream at your wife/gf and blast music so loud that I might as well not even have mine on?!

I have tons of other examples of things that have happened to us....but it would take me forever to write them all out. Anyways, Steven and I are just awed (and annoyed) at how rude some people can be. We just want to hear a simple, "Excuse me" or "Sorry for running you over" from time to time!

Ah.... I feel better now. All that bottled up frustrations just came out. I will now sleep better :-)





No comments: