Meet my gimp hand.
You see, before last week my hand and I got along great. Everything worked. Everything felt "right." But now, oh no, that's apparently too much to ask. Let me humor you with the story of my "accident" that later impaired my hand. Actually, it was no accident at all. On Friday, I was cutting snowflakes. Boredom had struck and the idea of cutting out cute, intricate, small, things was very appealing. So, cut I did. About 45 minutes into cutting these intricate little suckers, I decided I wanted to have a break. So, I put the scissors down and let my hand rest. This is when I realized that my thumb felt numb. Not completely numb, but numb enough that it was annoying. I found it kind of weird that my thumb had gone numb but figured the numbness would go away in a few minutes or so... just like your arm does if you sleep on it wrong. Well, an hour went by, 4 hours went by, a day went by.... and my thumb was still numb. It's gotten a little less numb, but it's still numb a little. You know when you have a cavity filled and your cheeks are numb, and then the numbness starts wearing off so it starts tingling when you touch them? That's what it feels like! I can still feel pain in it but its annoying.
So, i've come to the conclusion that after 2 days of having a numb thumb that it's probably not going to get better. Oh well, if I permanently "damaged" the nerve, it still functions so it's all good to me!
No comments:
Post a Comment