Pages

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Oh my gosh.  The funniest thing EVER just happened.  I'm sitting here reading some emails when all of the sudden, someone down the hall starts blasting their music.  Now, you've gotta understand - this same person blasts and I mean BLASTS their music every single day between the hours of 2:00-3:00. It's sad when I actually know when to expect it. It's always really old school music - i.e. music no one would listen to without being made fun of (at least no one in the US), haha.  Or, it's techno music. This is the same guy that every night, he blasts techno music so loud that Steven and I will stand in the hallway (or in front of his door) and do the Robot.  No lie. It's hysterical.

So, back to my story... I'm sitting here reading emails when the guy starts blasting his music. But, this time it wasn't the usual Miley Cyrus or Brittney Spears. It was Backstreet Boys and he was blasting the song, "Larger Than Life." No lie.  So, what did I do? Well, once I stopped laughing and composed myself, I did the only logical thing there was to do.  I grabbed my video camera and ran in my monkey pajamas into the hall to record him playing the song. Yes, I have evidence. Yes, you have to listen very closesly to hear the song.

It's just so funny to Steven and I and probably anyone else who grew up when that band was popular because, they're not popular anymore.  Like, they're a band that you would NEVER play in your car loud enough for anyone to hear because the person would either instantly think that 1) you're not um, how do I put this... straight or 2) you're stuck in the 90's.  Ok, ok,  I'm really bad at describing why it's so funny to us.  It would be like you secretly loving the show Barney at age 20 something. Would you want anyone to know you did? Oh no!

Anyways, I'll try and get the video to upload!

P.S. - you have to turn your volume all the way up and listen VERY carefully :-)




No comments: