Yeah I know, none of that is related. At least not to you guys :-) You see, yesterday we went to the Visa office for the 4th time. You wouldn't think it would be that hard to get a Visa! Here's a run down of why we've had to go 4 times now:
1st time - After waiting for way too long, we were told that we had to have some special form saying that Steven was in school.
2nd time - We were told we had to register in Pforzheim... yay. So, once we did that we came back and our infomation wasn't in the computer, so we were instructed to come back. Oh, and remember how they kept wanting an "official" document stating that Steven was in fact going to study there? He has HAD it all along. We kept telling them that we had a letter saying that he was accepted into the school but I don't think it was "clicking" with them what we were talking about. Once we showed them, they were like "Oh yeah! That's what you need!" Wow.
3rd time - Honestly, it was more of an attempt, haha. We got there super early just to find out that they were closed. Once again, go us!
4th time - This time we had a "new" girl that we had never had before. Boy, she needed to go back to bed or something because she was cranky. After a few minutes of "inspecting" our paper work, she leaves. Seriously?! Then she comes back and informs us that our marriage certificate that was issued by the State of North Carolina and signed by them, was not official. Really?! I was trying not to laugh (or hit her) during this short conversation about it that Steven had with her. I still don't understand how a document that is obviously issued by a State, has their seal on it, and is signed by them, isn't official. Oh, and to top it all off, she didn't want to accept our health insurance at first. She said that since my name wasn't on the document and only Steven's was, that I didn't have insurance. Ok, so that makes sense because she didn't see my name. But, on student's insurance, if you are married your spouse is free. At least, when you use AOK health insurance (yes, it is really called that... I laughed too) it is. Cranky chic needs to read up on her health insurance rules.
All in all, she took our paper work and passports and told us that we really needed to get the marriage certificated stamped. She said to expect a document in the mail in a few days and then we can come back and pick up our passports with our Visa's in it.
5th time - Will be when we have to go pick up our passports... hopefully, this will be the last time we have to go there.
Just in case you're wondering, they keep your passports until all of your paperwork is processed. They give you papers to use as your passport in case you need them.
Tuesday night, Steven went and played soccer with some guys from his German language class and I got to tag along. Weirdly, I would say that 90% of his class is made up of Mexicans. Weird, huh?! I think they are all here as exchange students. Steven is the only American :-) Way to represent, baby! It was freezing out there the whole time they were playing! I hung out with a guy that everyone else called, Nacho. Haha. I think they got it from the movie, Nacho Libre. He was pretty funny. Steven had a moment when I thought he was going to get kicked in the face... thankfully, he didn't! He and some guy were going for the ball and the guy went to kick it, Steven said he thought he was going to get kicked in the face, slipped in a tiny little puddle and hit the ground. It was pretty funny if I may say so myself. Of course, I was only laughing because he was laughing... I had to check and make sure he was okay first. My poor husband stood up and looked like he had slid through a dirty diaper... hilarious. Now, if only I had taken a picture! His teacher had invited me to class yesterday so, I got to join them for their "touristy walk excursion." It was actually a lot of fun walking around everywhere and hanging out with people around your age who can speak English for once. We ended up having lunch at this really cute cafe... I'm waiting to ask Steven to go back :-)
Oh, and I forgot - we got our package on Tuesday! We finally have more towels!!!! We got a ton of stuff.... and the best part, we found some hot chocolate packets stuffed in my rain boots. Oh yeah.
We are so ready for this weekend! We cannot wait to go see another town and leave Pforzheim for a few hours!
No comments:
Post a Comment