Meatball and Vegetable Stew
1 16-18 oz. package frozen cooked meatballs1/2 of a 16 oz. package (about 2 c.) of mixed veggies - I like corn, peas, carrots, green beans, brocolli and cauliflower and I usually do more than the recipe calls for
14 1/2 oz. can diced tomatoes with onion and garlic undrained (I use Hunt's with garlic, basil and oregano - you can skip the basil later in this recipe if you use this can)
12 oz. jar of mushroom gravy
1/3 cup water
1 1/2 t. dried basil
In a 3 1/2 or 4-quart crockpot place cooked meatballs and mixed veggies. In a bowl stir together tomatoes, gravy, water and basil. Pour over meatballs and veggies.
Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
I picked up these ingredients to have on hand for a night when I didn't have time or didn't want to have to put a big effort into dinner. Saturdays are good for those kind of dinners! So, this took me about 5 minutes to throw together and I'll be serving it with some frozen biscuits. Enjoy this easy meal recipe if you need one for a busy night!
No comments:
Post a Comment