It's almost midnight here... I'm half tired/half wide awake. Bad combo. I still haven't updated about the last few days - bad me. Seriously... I need to get on top of my game! Haha. I'll do a quick recap of the last few days:
- We successfully made it by train to Heidelberg on Saturday
- We got a tour of the castle... in English of course :-)
- We got to explore a beautiful town - Heidelberg
- I ate the biggest bratwurst I've ever seen in my whole life. That sucker was huge.
- We got to listen to some orchestra play in Heidelberg. All the posters around town made it seem like the guy they were playing with was very important. They were AMAZING. Especially, the people who sang while everyone was playing in the orchestra.
- I succeeded in embarrassing myself on the train ride home. Some random guy asked me something in German, which caught me so off guard that he got the deer in the headlights look. Not only did he get that funny face, but he also got about 10 seconds of me stuttering... First, I attempted to say, "Ich sprache.... English?" Well, that didn't go over well with him. Probably because I whispered it so quietly that even I wasn't sure if I had said anything at all. So, then it began, " I uh.... I um... I....I... I...... uh... speak..... Enngggggllliiissshh." There, I had finally said it. You would've thought that I couldn't speak at all, haha. Thankfully, as soon as I said that, he immediately started speaking perfect English. Go figure.
- We got our internet setup on Monday. Easy enough.
- We got invited to go to Munich with some friends for Oktoberfest... tempting, but we already had plans with some friends we made last weekend. Some day i'll go to Oktoberfest!
- We got to eat at KFC after church on Sunday - amazing. Simply amazing... that was the first time I'd had fried chicken in.... wait, I can't remember the last time I had fried chicken. Crap. And, I'm not even a KFC lover... but still, it was perfect.
- I convinced Steven to be a slacker like me and skip language class on Monday. Oh yeah - such a rebel. Ha. No, honestly, I knew the guy would be coming to setup our internet and I was terrified at the thought of having to speak (or should I say attempt to speak) German to him. Frightening, I know....
Ok, that's enough for now. My husband has left me for the bed. I guess that's my cue to get off the computer :-)
4 comments:
uhm
it's Ich spreche nur Englisch
sprach is the past tense
sprache... doesn't exist.
just sayin'
:) and you should've seen the curry wurst we had for dinner last night! good grief those were HUGE!
no I lied Sprache can be language... maybe? but it's not a verb. :D unless maybe it can be subjunctive or something... okay I've confused myself. Glad you're having fun!
yep, sprache is a word, lol.
But, I could have just said, "ich spreche English" which is I speak English...which is what I was trying to say, haha.
yeah to be safe though you need to say Ich spreche nur englisch.
I ONLY speak english. :)
I learned that the hard way. Hehehe
Post a Comment