Recently, it has really been irritating me how people use the slang, "lol". Er, let me rephrase that.... recently when people who are oh, over the age of 40 use the slang "lol" wrong it irritates me :-) I have been tempted lately to message the person/s and bring to their attention that in fact, you don't use the term "lol" after EVERYTHING you say. You say "lol" in response to something that is funny.... c'mon people is it really that hard? Here are some examples of "lol" being misused that I have seen recently:
Example #1:
(insert name) last day of 4th grade is tomorrow and then she will start 5th grade next Tues. I can't believe it! Time flies, so enjoy every single moment with Kara. We miss you guys. LOL
Why is this wrong??? Oh, because the person whom I know was being totally serious... and NOT trying to be funny. Why is enjoying time w/ your baby funny?!?!?! I DON'T GET IT!
Example #2:
(insert name) is going to my grandmother's funeral today. LOL
Um... do I really need to explain this one? Haha.
Ok, ok enough of my ranting.. It just really has been getting on my nerves recently. It's like the older generation (sorry mom and dad) learn some "younger" slang and feel all special and feel the the need to write it after every sentence... AH!
I'm done now :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment