Pages

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Time for an Update!

It has been way too long since I've last posted! So, since Steven is busy designing some stuff for his work, I'll update you guys :-) Just a warning, if you have a weak stomach there is a picture of Steven's stitches in this... it's really not that bad but just thought i'd give you guys a heads up!

Married life is GREAT. I am honestly having the time of my life! I am now working as a Pre-K teacher at The Goddard School in Fuquay-Varina. It's only about 25 minutes from our apartment. The best part is, is that Steven works about 3 minutes away so we get to drive to work together everyday and eat lunch together! I love being able to spend that extra time with him... There aren't many kids in the school yet because it just opened in November. There are only 5 out of 9 rooms open so far. I have anywhere from 8-11 4/5 year olds everyday. The best part is the pay! I was getting NOTHING at Noodles... there was no way we would be able to save anything if I was still there. We are putting one person's checks into savings and the other one we are living off of. Which it will be easy to live off of one person's salary. Plus, we will be able to save a good deal of money which is super nice. Seriously, I started the 18th of March and got paid the Friday after that week and had a paycheck of almost $800. Hello money :-)

On another note, last Wednesay was a very eventful one here! We got home around 6:30 and started making dinner. We had decided to make quesadillas because we got this awesome quesadilla maker and it's amazing! So, I decided to check my email and left Steven cutting peppers.... dun dun dun! Haha. Well, all of the sudden I hear him say, "that's gonna hurt" I didn't turn around at first because I just figured that he had hit his head on the cupboard trying to open it or something along those lines... Well, I finally turned around to him standing there with blood running down his arm... needless to say I freaked out. I'm usually really calm when it comes to injuries but for some reason it really upset me! Probably because I actually care about him :-) Plus, the real reason I freaked out is because Steven is a very laid back guy - he NEVER overreacts, so to hear him say, "I think I need stitches" freaked me out because I knew he was dead serious. So, I ran and got him a ton of paper towels and pushed him into the bathroom so I could see the cut better... Thank God, I've had multiple first aid/injury classes so I wasn't a total idiot and knew what to do. I honestly thought it was just a little cut at first and was trying to tell him to just get a bandaid - this is until I actually saw it. It was really deep. It's pretty bad when all you see is just the meat of the finger... not skin. Sorry for the graphic visual image :-)

I think I got to the urgent care on Old Wakeforest in like 10 minutes... and we live a good 15-20 minutes away. Obviously, the hospital was out of the question because a cut finger isn't an emergency so you'd sit there for hours until they would call you back to be assessed! Needless to say, a long while later and a few stitches later he was good to go! We had left all the food on the stove (turned off of course) so obviously the meat had gone bad... Five Guys was his "comfort" food that night! And man, was it good after all that drama! I felt so bad for him though because after all the stitches they wrapped it in a really thick bandaid, wrapped that in stretchy brown tape stuff (the name is escaping my brain at the moment) and then put a splint on top of all that. Plus, once the numbing wore off he was in pain and it's tough to watch someone you love be in pain and you can't do anything about it! And, to make it more frustrating for him, he wasn't allowed to get it wet for 2 days and now we're just waiting for Saturday so we can take the stitches out. And yes, I am taking them out... it's not rocket science!

Here's a picture of my poor, sweet husband and his boo boo:


Hopefully, I'll post again soon!!!

No comments: