Pages

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Boot Camp

As i've mentioned before I started a new job about 2 weeks ago. The restaurant that i'm working at isn't open yet - it opens next week... so I had been driving out to Durham right near Duke Hospital everyday to train. But, now that our store is getting ready to open in Cameron Village I had my first day of training there today. It's frustrating though because I've already been trained so I don't see the need for me to come to all this training which they call boot camp. I worked from 8-2 this morning and tomorrow, Sat. and Sunday I work 8-2. I'm so pissed because Steven's coming back into town tomorrow morning and I was suppose to pick him up and was really looking forward to doing that but my general manager let me know today that I wouldn't be able to come in late or in his words, "my boss will have my head" And, I don't want him to get in trouble so ya know...

It's just so frustrating because I didn't know I had to work until like 6:00 last night and so i'm trying to plan my life but I don't know when i'm suppose to come into work! But, I figured out today why they call the training "boot camp". It was rough. I didn't think training w/ food could be so intense...we made tons of food and just threw it out. And, on top of that I had the owner, managers and everyone else watching me and critiquing every little thing I did. Then we had to taste a lot of weird foods on the menu which was not that fun because some of them are really weird... like tofu - I had to try that and it's weird. It's like an egg consistency but with hardly any taste. Ugh, I think i'll stick with real meat/protein.

But, at least I get off around 2 everyday so that after I get off tomorrow I can go see Steven. I'm really mad that I have to miss church on Sunday....

Oh well, it'll be worth it in the end :-)

No comments: