Yesterday, we had our first premarital counseling session with Steve Wright. It went really well. We didn't really talk about much in depth but I think that it's going to be a great experience for Steven and I. Over the years, Steven and I have always done pre-engagement books and just discussed all that stuff in general so I think a lot of what Steve will cover during this time we will have already discussed. We each said our testimony and talked about how we got engaged, etc. Steve asked me what first attracted me to Steven and how I knew he was "the one." My response was, "Steven was the first guy that respected me. He opened the door for me, prayed for me and encouraged me everyday. He was never trying to get in my pants."
I keep thinking about what Steve asked and here's what I didn't say. For the first time in my life, I felt like Steven was someone who actually honestly liked me. For who I was. He didn't fake his attraction for me in order to gain something. I wasn't the "trophy girlfriend" like I was with all my past boyfriends. Steven honestly was in love with me. It was a feeling that I had never experienced. I was taken back and awed by it. I remember thinking it was weird how he respected me and opened the door for me because I was use to always being disrespected and had never had a guy open the door for me. We have 3 or 4 more sessions with Steve. I'm kindof excited about what we will discuss in the future sessions.
He wants us to order these books, which i've failed to do..... But they're called something like, Letters to (somebody) Haha, yes I know that was vague. They're 2 different books that a father wrote to his son and daughter before they each got married.
On another note, I don't know if I ever posted it but Steven's portfolio was sent off to Germany a few weeks ago and we will hopefully know by the end of November whether or not he got accepted. They start reviewing applications on the 31st of October. We bought our plane tickets to Florida (for our cruise) on Sunday. They were aboug $400 for both of us to go. I'm SO excited about our honeymoon. I've never been on a cruise before! The shoes that I posted that I got I definitely can't wear in the wedding. They would be ok if they weren't so skinny. Like the heel is high and all which is fine, but they're not a chunky heel but like a stilleto heel. I just have this horrible image of me collapsing under the weight of the dress because my shoes weren't sturdy enough. It would make for a funny memory though............
Until next time........
:-)
No comments:
Post a Comment