Pages

Thursday, August 21, 2008

The Joys of being a Woman

So yesterday, I had more testing. I had half of a hida scan performed. It was kinda irritating the outcome, or lack of outcome though. I got to Duke Regional Hospital at 7:45 yesterday morning and was called back to the room about 8:05. For the first time ever, I had 2 guys working on me - 2 radiologists. Cute but potentially gay :-). Just kidding about the gay part. Anyways, so they hooked me up to an IV and put the stuff in me that made me radioactive and I laid on the cat scan thing (if thats what it was) for an hour. Well, the geniuses at Duke Regional didn't feel it necessary I guess to check to see if they had the stuff for the 2nd part of the hida scan. During a hida scan, the first half you are injected w/ this stuff that makes you radioactive and for an hour or so you lay down and they do a cat scan to watch your organs as your body consumes (if thats the appropriate word lol) the stuff. The 2nd part of the hida scan you have to drink this fatty substance to see if your gallbladder can break it down to see if it's working properly. Not looking forward to that part b/c if your gallbladder isn't working, like my doctor thinks, it will cause you to have a gallbladder attack which is EXTREMELY painful.

Well, after the first part I got up to use the restroom and when I came back the radiologist informed me that they didn't have the stuff for the 2nd part and that I had to come back and have the WHOLE test done over. So, some evening soon I have to go back and have that whole stinkin' test performed OVER!!! Ah, im a tad bit irritated if you can't tell.

I have seriously over the last 2 weeks been stuck with a needle about 6-7 times. It sucks. After all that crap at the hospital I had to go to the gyno which was a fun experience. They ended up giving me the HPV shot. Well, one of them. I have to go back in 2 and 6 months to get the rest of the shots in the series. The exam went well. I don't know why my sister thought it was so traumatic haha. There were a few really funny moments w/ the doctor (who was male). I'd post them on here but i'll spare everyone the details b/c in order for the stories to be funny, I have to talk about what was going on, and guys who are reading this could be quite disgusted, hahaha.

If that last sentence made any sense at all! Anyways, the kids are back in school again. Praise God! It's just me and Ava again....I forgot how nice it was to just have her and I. SOOOOOOOOOO much more freedom and less stress.

:-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok so I've had those shots too.. the 2nd and 3rd ones REALLY HURT! That's prolly why she freaked out. Can't wait to see you soooooooooon!